A one-day workshop to share new thinking, approaches and methods that will help retailers & manufacturers increase on-shelf availability, same store sales and customer satisfaction while at the same time reduce the inventory losses due to waste, damage, theft and error.
- Poor On-Shelf Availability and Stock loss remain two of the most stubborn problems facing the industry however viewed as an opportunity, if a typical retailer could reduce their losses by just 25%, profits could grow by 30%. For many retailers, there are few other bigger growth opportunities.
- The ECR Europe Shrink and On Shelf Availability Group, who have recently just celebrated 15 years of collaboration and research on this problem, have bought to the industry new insights, tools and techniques that have delivered over €1.5 billion in savings in those retailers and manufacturers who have applied the ECR new loss prevention approach.
- To increase awareness of the group and its findings, the group delivers a series of seminars in Europe, in partnership with the ECR National bodies.
Purpose of the seminar
The aims of this innovative workshop is to provide:
- Highlights from the academic research of the more than €1 million investment on research and pilots, including an update on the most recent research on the impact of employee engagement on a range of retail loss areas and on-shelf availability.
- A practical and interactive guide to the ECR tools that help organisations benchmark their organisational capability to tackle shrink effectively (benchmarking tool) and deliver change via the use of a systemic and systematic problem solving approach (ECR Road Map)
- Via real world case studies in success, inspire within a broader audience the confidence to experiment and use the research, tools and techniques created by the ECR group to deliver benefits to their respective organisations and further improve the shopper experience.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop will be of particular value to those retailers and product manufacturer functions who today experience a high level of shelf out of stocks and losses due to waste, theft and error.
- Trading / Commercial/Sales
- Store Operations / Management
- Loss Prevention/Store Process Improvement
- Logistics / Supply Chain
- On-Shelf Availability & Store Replenishment experts
In addition, the workshop will also appeal to solution providers to the retailer and manufacturer community.
– Places are strictly limited.
– The workshop cost – TBC (including all refreshments, lunch and a full information pack, including copies of all presentations and a free copy of the latest ECR Europe Report on employee engagement).
– For early registration and further details please contact ECR Office
Colin Peacock, Group Strategy Coordinator, ECR Europe Shrink and On Shelf Availability Group
Colin is the Group Strategy Coordinator for both the ECR Europe Shrinkage & Oni Shelf Availability Group and the Retail Industry Leaders of America, Asset Protection Leaders Council. In this role, he oversees the research agenda, the dissemination of the findings and the planning of regular team meetings. Prior to these appointments, Colin had a thirty year career at Gillette and Procter & Gamble. In his last fifteen years he had been responsible for the global
leadership of their on-shelf availability, brand protection and shrink prevention capability. In this role, he was responsible for delivering new thief, counterfeiter, shopper and store manager insights, an innovation pipeline of new solutions, including RFID, and finally, the oversight and delivery of successful collaborative projects with customers and distributors around the world. Colin has published on the subject of loss prevention, including articles in the academic and trade press, and with Adrian Beck, wrote a book in 2009 entitled: New Loss Prevention: Redefining Shrinkage Management, published by Palgrave Macmillan. He is a regular speaker at conferences around the world.
Adrian Beck, Head of Department, Department of Criminology, University of Leicester, UK
Adrian is currently Head of the Department of Criminology at the University of Leicester. Over the last 20 years his research work has focussed on shrinkage within the retail sector. He is currently an academic advisor to the ECR Europe Shrinkage Group and undertakes regular research projects on their behalf with recent studies including: measuring the scale and extent of shrinkage; the impact and control of staff dishonesty; the role of RFID technologies; selfscanning
checkouts and shrinkage; and the importance of understanding the role of process failure in creating the opportunities for retail loss to occur. He has published extensively on the subject of loss prevention, including numerous articles in the academic and trade press, and recently wrote a book (2009) with Colin Peacock entitled: New Loss Prevention: Redefining Shrinkage Management, published by Palgrave Macmillan. He is a regular speaker at academic and practitioner conferences and has worked closely with a wide range of retail companies, including: Ahold; Asda; Best Buy; Diageo; Dollar General; Metro; P&G; Sainsbury’s; Target; Tesco; Walgreens; and Walmart, to help them improve their shrinkage management strategies. More recently, he has been working with De Beers in Africa to help them introduce a loss prevention function throughout their value chain.
John Fonteijn, Chair, ECR Europe Shrink and On Shelf Availability Group and Director, Group Asset Protection, Royal Ahold
John has been employed by Ahold since 1985 and has held various positions within the company in the field of Safety, Security and Business Continuity Management. John has built a working experience in these fields of expertise in Europe, USA, Latin America and Asia Pacific during which he developed a broad experience and knowledge in the development and implementation of effective strategies, organization and management of tactical and operational activities and the provision of management reports as part of regular quarterly and annual reporting of company performance. He currently holds the position of Director of Group Asset Protection and is responsible for the development and implementation of company-wide strategies in these fields and advises the Executive Management. In addition, John is active in various national and international trade associations, consultative and professional platforms. John include
15 years Chairman of the ECR Europe Shrinkage & On Shelf Availability Expert Group, in which European retailers and manufacturers work together to reduce risks and losses in the supply chain and ensure and increase availability of products to customers. John has several Dutch and international certifications and graduated in 2007 in Business Administration at the University of Groningen. This study he completed especially because he is convinced that the added value of the activities in the field of security, security and business will be better if these activities are connected to the larger business objectives. In order to achieve this, it is necessary to understand and speak the language of the business.