AN INSPIRATIONAL MASTERCLASS GIVEN BY KEN HUGHES – ONE OF THE LEADING GLOBAL AUTHORITIES ON EFFECTIVE SHOPPER MARKETING
[SHOPPER-CENTRICITY, RETAIL FUTUROLOGY AND SHOPPER BEHAVIOUR]
To understand Shopper Marketing, the true reality of shopper behaviour and how to harness this new approach to drive business:
- To outline the challenges in today’s retail environments and where Shopper Marketing has come from
- To understand shopper behaviour and the implications for in-store strategies and tactics
- To unlock in-store creativity and experiential retailing
- To apply behavioural economics, neuro-marketing and other behavioural sciences to Shopper Marketing
- To look at the future of Retail and what this brings
- To explore successes and failures of SM
THOUGHT LEADERSHIP AGENDA:
The masterclass agenda is broad-ranging, all discussed and presented in multi-media format and with global case-study material.
- Evolution of Shopper Marketing from Trade & Retail Marketing and Category Management
- Retailer / Supplier Collaboration
- Habitual Shopper Behaviour & Positive Disruption
- Shopper Insight Approaches (traditional, evolving)
- Total Shopper Journey In-Store through Biometrics
- Rational v Emotive Messaging In-Store
- Nudging the Shopper: The Inner Lizard
- Applying Behavioural Economics to Consumer Goods
- Choice Architecture and Influencing the Shopper
- Consumer Psychology and Neuro-Marketing
- Experiential Retailing
- Sensory Retailing
- Retail Futurology
- Omni-Channel and the Digital In-Store Environment: A New Shopper DNA
- Creative Solutions In-Store
- Barriers to Effective Shopper Marketing (structures, budgets, resource)
- Big Data and its Implications for Shopper Marketing
Over the past 13 years, as the founding Director of Glacier Consulting, he has pioneered developments in shopper behaviour insight, particularly in the fields of ethnography, endomethodology and biometric shopper research.
He is a part-time lecturer in Consumer Behaviour in University College Cork, and a highly sought after speaker at international industry conferences.
His presentations are inspirational, energetic and humorous, full of relevant case studies and Irish wit. His expertise, together with strong practical knowledge fr om his consultancy experience in Category Management, Retail Consultancy and Shopper Marketing, results in a strong global client base across retailers, suppliers and third party agencies.
Clients mainly include large international blue-chips: Heineken, Kraft Foods, Coca-Cola, Diageo, Wal-Mart, IKEA, AXA, Kerry Foods, Unilever, Mars Masterfoods and GSK.
I have seen many presentations over the years concerning consumer behaviour, and shopper marketing, but the workshop with Mr. Hughes is the one which has kept my attention. Ken describes consumer and shopper behaviour in a very real and simultaneously interesting way. He is a very good presenter with humour and passion for his subject, while bringing it to life using various case studies. I invited him to address my retail organizations in Greece and Macedonia ,and he has helped us to focus our shopper marketing activities. Thankfully in these challenging times, we have seen results.
– CEO Veropoulos Group, Greece – Nikos Veropoulos
Ken’s master-class at Baltika was both informative and entertaining, managing to hold people’s attention all day. Ken was very effective in transforming theory into practice and answering the specific business needs of our Retail & FMCG industry. We gained significant insights and inspiration for our future work and are now reviewing our approach to shopper insight. I would strongly recommend this master class to any organization.
– Kirill Shpara, Head of Market & Trends, Baltika Brewery, Russia
The feedback from Ken Hughes’ workshop was fantastic. He delivered a very engaging presentation around shopper behaviour and everyone in the business has been talking about it since. Ken is not just an excellent speaker but he has fantastic insights into shopping behaviour and he uses case studies and videos to deliver his presentation with great impact. Thanks to Ken’s presentation, we will be re-evaluating our shopper marketing activity so we can become more effective in targeting our shoppers in-store.
– Stephen Cooke GSK Ireland Insight Manager
We brought Ken into our organization to energise our thinking around Shopper Marketing. It was a roaring success and definitely had the desired effect! It resulted in very ‘buzzed-up’ team members and some very healthy conversations in the weeks following around how we can improve on Shopper Marketing, Shopper Insight and Data Analysis, both within our organisation and with our agencies
– Gill Irvine, Off-Trade Customer Marketing Director, Heineken – Ireland
I met Ken at the ECR Europe Conference in Brussels in 2013 wh ere his session on “Shopper Irrationality” was my top ranked session among all in the event. It was also one of the best presentations that I ever had on Shopper Behaviour and Insight. Unilever and Walmart both put Shopper at the heart of our business. In our Global Leadership Summit in July, we invited Ken to join all our Walmart Leaders from the world in Bentonville, USA. His workshop was once again an eye opening session which brought high engagement for all our participants.
– Maggie Chan, VP Unilever Walmart International
Subject to individual valuation
QUESTIONS AND REGISTRATION:
ECR Polska, E: email@example.com, T: +48 61 226 30 78